Keep the Faith!


As most of you know, Rick and I were blessed to become pregnant again. Unfortunately God had a different plan and the pregnancy did not go well. During an ultrasound, no heartbeat was detected. This has been a tough week with this loss but we are comforted in the fact that we know God is in control and he has a plan for our lives. Heaven is a little brighter now and I look forward to meeting that baby one day. We are encouraged to try again and Roman WILL be a big brother soon. During all of this, I have been reminded that I am not in control and there are bigger plans for my life. My faith has been made stronger and I am a better person for it. I am so thankful for all my wonderful friends and family who have given us much support through this. I know many woman have gone through this but it is still not something to take lightly. Rick has been awesome and I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband to go through this life with. I have been so encouraged just to see Roman and know that we already have a beautiful, healthy son and he has been a source of strength. He is so amazing and fills my heart with joy. There is a photo of him holding a sign saying that he will be a big brother. I am not removing this from the post as it was a special moment for us and those words will be true one day. The expression on his face was priceless, even though he had no clue what he was doing. He just did what I told him to do. It's too cute to delete so I hope you enjoy it.
We have had some fun times in the last few weeks. Rick and I were able to go to a Hockey game with some friends. Roman has enjoyed going to baseball on Saturday mornings. Last weekend we enjoyed a nice lunch downtown and checked out the venues at the NHL fan fest. We have a lot of upcoming events (showers, birthdays, Superbowl, Daytona 500 party, Valentine's Day), and most importantly my birthday. Roman keeps reminding me that he will sing to me on my birthday and that I am going to get a new train. He says he wants me to get a new train so he can play with it. Got to love that kid.
Roman had his 3 year checkup and he has grown-very little. He is in the 10% but I am enjoying it as he still fits in my lap and I can cradle him. He has been very conscious of using his manners. He will remind you to use your manners if you don't. Another new thing for him is using public restrooms. He always asks if it is clean before we go in. I have to assure him that it is...he will still complain of the smell though.
Well, I hope you all are encouraged. Just know that whatever you go through, there is always light at the end of the tunnel. We will never be faced with things we can not handle and there is someone out there looking out for us. Keep the faith!

Comments

Popular Posts