April Showers Bring May Flowers!


So far Spring has been very busy. We took a long weekend trip to Baltimore to visit our friends who recently had a baby. She is adorable and Roman was such a big friend to her. We are so happy for them to join us on this journey of parenthood. On this trip we discovered that Roman tends to get car sickness. We had to make a stop to buy some Dramamine. It worked, thank God!
We had Rick's mom in town where we enjoyed some shopping, visiting a local fire station with Roman and we were able to introduce her to the world of Sushi. Which by the way, Rick and I have become huge fans. I have even ventured into making it myself. I have made it twice now and it is becoming one of my hobbies. I never thought I would eat raw fish. It is so yummy though.
We went to the Farmer's Market where we purchased fresh strawberries. This is one of our favorite places to go in the nice weather. We have taken many walks as the weather has given us some beautiful days. Roman has started a new session of T-ball and he is doing a good job. He misses his old coach though. He says," I don't like Coach Billy, Coach Jon is cool." Oh well, he does well and is definitely the littlest boy in the group.
Unfortunetely I attended a memorial service for my friend's husband. It was a reminder that life is so short and you never know when it will end. I am living everyday as it is my last and am enjoying everything that comes my way.
Rick and I have joined a small group at church. It is nice to have a group to discuss our spiritual walk and discover God together. Our church has grown so big and it is nice to get to know some people. It was so nice to sit in the back of church and not have people know you. I grew up having everyone know me as I was the pastor's daughter. Well, we have grown spiritually and would like to share it with others so we now get together every other Sunday. We are blessed!
Rick's mom and step dad came back this past weekend. They were great babysitters and took Roman to see his second movie-Gnomio and Juliet. He loved it and sat through the whole thing. I know this as he came in our room at 3:30 in the morning and said, "Mom, it was a good movie." Speaking of coming in our room in the night, this has become a frequent occurrence. Roman tends to sleep so much better in our bed. I don't really like it but all that matters at this point is that we all get some sleep. He has also been giving us a hard time of going to bed at night. He gets up several times before actually falling asleep. This is just one more battle to tackle and yes, this too shall pass. While they were here, Rick and I attended Ryan and Andrea's wedding. It was so nice and we are celebrating with them as they take this new step in their lives. Congrats, we love you guys!
One story that I am not proud of as a parent but feel the need to write it so I will always remember it is that Roman is known as the neighborhood streaker. Yes, he escaped the house and ran down the sidewalk buck naked in his rain boots. That is the only detail I am going to give but looking back at it, it is hilarious. Thank God we have some great neighbors who were able to laugh with us.
Roman is always talking about what he wants to be when he grows up. You never know what it will be. He wants to be anything from Spiderman to a school bus. We just tell him that he can be whatever he wants to be.
I am looking forward to my spring break next week. Roman and I will be headed to NY to visit family. We will make a stop in Baltimore to break up the trip. I miss my family and I know Roman is looking forward to playing with his cousins and running around on Tractor Poppy's farm. After that, there is only 7 weeks left of school before summer. YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Enjoy your spring! Take time to smell the flowers!

Comments

Popular Posts