Fall, Fun, Fair, Family and Friends

Well I skipped a month of posting so this may be a lengthy one. So many fun things have happened this month but sometimes they get over shadowed by life and how busy it can get. To be honest with you, it has been a rough couple of months for me. I  have been caught up with life and how it doesn't always go the way you plan.  For those of you who know me, know that I am a planner and like things to go just so.  This is such a curse and a blessing at the same time. I take pride in how I 'keep things going' and to the outside world, may seem like I have it all together.  The battle I sometimes fight within myself can get overwhelming. I am reminded everyday that it is OK when things are not perfect. I am learning to roll with the punches. I have never been so aware of who I am and what makes me tick as I have been these last few months. I'm sure it has a lot to do with working a full time job, being a mom to two active boys, and keeping up with a house and trying to be a good wife. I know we all have things we struggle with and don't always let it out or show others.  I am one of those people. I decided to share a little of what I have been going through to maybe help someone else or at least help myself.  Taking the time to reflect and be honest is the best medicine you can sometimes take. I know this is part of my personality and something I will always struggle with but as long as I stay true to myself and be aware, I can get through anything and realize that it is OK to not be perfect or have a perfect life.  With all that said, the past few months has been filled with many laughs and memories. It is always so surprising to me that once I look back on the month and think about everything, I realize just how blessed I am and that when you focus on the positive, it lifts some weight off your shoulders.

Let's start with September-Roman has been keeping busy with being a first grader. He seems to enjoy school (not always the homework though) and always has something interesting to tell me each day. I was able to be a 'mystery reader' in his class one day. He was surprised and it was nice to be a mom instead of the teacher in the room. He continues to play soccer and is getting quite good. He loves to play defense but is getting more aggressive and asking to play offense more. We just signed him up for the winter session. We enjoyed the September weather with many trips to our favorite parks. Roman has also enjoyed riding his bike and learning new tricks.  He is getting to be quite the dare devil and we are looking into getting him into BMX biking. SHHHH! He doesn't know that yet. Our neighborhood had a block party with lots of food, games, and the fire trucks even came out for the kids. One night we had a family picnic at Roman's school and were able to hang out with his school friends. Roman participated in a service project for church. They had to come up with a service project to share God's love and show others that even 'little ones' can make a difference in the world.  He chose to collect all the garbage bins from our neighbors and roll them out to the street. It is so important to teach our kids to give back and that life is so much more fulfilling when we serve others and not be so selfish. Max has a sleepover each Wednesday with his babysitter Ms. Lora.  It is such a blessing to have her in our life. It gives us a break and we are able to spend some one on one time with Roman. Rick enjoyed riding his motorcycle (LOLO) some before he hurt his back which put him out of commission for a week or so.  He is now back to normal and the bike is back on the road. He has been working a lot of hours but I know that is what comes with the territory sometimes. It is definitely something I was not prepared for but like everything else...you figure it out and a new normal takes over.

On to October-We attended a couple of friends birthday parties. One at a lake and another at a jump house. Roman also had some play dates and even got to come to school with me one day during a teacher workday. As the weather was up and down with temperature we continued to play outside a lot and took many walks and just enjoyed nature. Roman and I got up early one morning to watch the eclipse-a first for him. He thought it was cool and did not complain about getting up so early. Rick is not a fan of the fair and crowds and Max is just not at the stage in life where he enjoys going out. Therefore, Roman and I went together. I love the fair but once I arrived, I realized the excitement is just not as I remember as a child. Roman however had a blast and I am sure this is a tradition we will do each year. We all went to a pumpkin patch one weekend when Nana was in town visiting. Max was much more into Halloween this year. He loved all the decorations in the house and picked up very quickly how to trick or treat AND eat way too much candy during the walk. This Halloween was fun as it fell on a Friday. We had our 3rd annual Halloween party with friends and neighbors. There were way too many people for our house but the chaos was fun and well worth it.  We ended the night around the fire pit.

All in all the boys are doing great. They are growing so fast and keep us on our toes. There are no words to describe the level of activity being in a house with two boys. I would not change them for anything but this is definitely a tiring and sometimes overwhelming stage in life.  I know it goes by way too fast and I try to enjoy it as much as I can. There are so many who would love to have these tiring and overwhelming days so I remind myself that it is a blessing.
I hope you are all enjoying your start to fall. Remember that whatever you are going through in your life, you can handle it. We all just need to find what works for us and to stay true to ourselves. Being open and honest will carry you very far in life.
So I leave you with this...practice does not always make perfect, but that doesn't mean you stop practicing.
September Photos
October Photos

Comments

Popular Posts