Lucky to be Blessed

This month we are feeling lucky to be so blessed. This winter has been very mild and it has been a nice transition from the south.
The boys made a day trip to Syracuse earlier this month for a cousins birthday party. It is so nice that we get to participate with the family activities now that we are here.

We did get a little bit of snow-not much to write home about though. The boys did take advantage of it and we did get a little sledding in. Roman tried out snowboarding and did pretty good. Max was excited to get his snowmobile sled out from Christmas.

Max had his first field trip with his nursery school. I was able to go with him.  We went to a nature park and learned about owls. It ended up being a day full of Max activities-sledding, baking with Grammy and snuggling with mom.
The boys and I headed down south the North Carolina for a week during Roman's winter break from school. The ride down was good and we enjoyed catching up with friends and the boys were so excited to get to play with their friends. It was a very surreal feeling once we got there. I felt like a visitor the whole time and did not have the feeling like it was home anymore. I took that as a sign that we were meant to leave. I never looked back, regretted our decision, or wondered what in the world we were doing. I miss all our friends so much there but am happy to be HOME here in Berne, NY. I was able to get to dinner with the girls and get my energy up for the long car ride back. The trip was good with a time of less than 12 hours but I think it was because I was on a mission to get home as soon as possible because the boys were so over tired and it made for a 'not happy' experience in the car.

We celebrated Max's 4th birthday. It was a Lego theme. I can't believe that I no longer have babies. He is definitely giving us a run for a money but we love him all the same:)
We have continued to hang out with family and the start of Nascar was no different. Rick still enjoys watching it but it's not quite the same watching it here in the North verse watching it in the South. Either way, it is something to watch now that Football is over. Which by the way, the Super Bowl was awesome and was another excuse to party!
This month my mom celebrated her 70th birthday. She is an amazing woman and I am so glad I get to call her mom. We had a surprise party for her with about 50 people and the smile on her face made it all worth it.

The following day, my dad took all the Francis men out for the day. Once again, we feel so lucky to be blessed to be able to make these memories with family. There is so much more to life than just working to make money to pay bills to go to work to make money to pay bills...........
We are looking forward to spring and all the new beginnings that comes along with it. WE hope you have all been staying warm this winter and just remember that Spring is right around the corner. I would like to encourage all of you to be thankful for how lucky you all are to be blessed!!!

Comments

Popular Posts