Living Our Best Life

Don’t be in such a rush to figure everything out. Embrace the unknown and let your life surprise you. This has truly been the motto we have lived by the last 3 years. It has been a lot of transition, wondering, questioning, exploring, and reflecting. Periods in your life like these are a great way to reset and take it all in. 
Rick took a trip to Rochester which left with a mom/boys weekend. Roman was of course socializing with his friends all weekend and joining them at their basketball games. Max and I had a shopping and dinner date. All three of us also navigated our way through a puzzle room at 5Wits. By the way, we got out but failed the mission Those boys would definitely not be any help if a crisis situation. This mama was left to solve all the problems on her own and I just couldn’t cut it. It was a fun experience though. We also stopped at Dave and Busters where the boys were able to spend some gift cards that they had. They won so many tickets, I think they were each able to walk away with about 50 tootsie rolls…haha! 

Another birthday was celebrated in our family. With such a large family there is always someone we are singing to. Of course, the boys had friends over this past month. The boy’s social life is way more exciting than ours. I did get out one night to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday at dinner. Max decided to try out the dirt bike. It was a little more timid than when Roman first tried but he ended up getting it. The more he practices, the better he will get.

I am continuing to work on my 3rd graduate class and my application for transferring into a graduate program is under way. So far it has not been as bad as I expected. I believe my teaching experience has made this smoother than I thought. I have had a great year in 3rd grade and I can’t believe the end is almost here this school year. What will come next?
The boys unfortunately have decided not to play soccer this season. They are both so athletic but if they are not into it 100%, it is not worth it. I teach my boys to give their best effort in all that they do. I am a little disappointed that they have chosen not to play but football is right around the corner and we will just focus on that and prepare for the hard work that goes into that sport. 
Mango is going to be 13 this summer. She is still going strong. Unfortunately she got into something and had a few days of not feeling well and not eating. She recovered after much love from Roman. They are best friends!

Spring is coming! It may not feel like it here in the North but I feel it. Spring cleaning has been happening at the house. We have reorganized, cleaned out, and scrubbed. The feeling of letting things go is so refreshing for me. We don’t keep a lot and are pretty minimalistic but when I am able to take 3 car loads of stuff out of my house, it makes me realize we have more than we need. 

We don’t know what tomorrow holds but we know the future is bright. We keep our focus on what is best for the family and have the mindset that, ‘if it’s meant to be, it will be.’ Life can take us in so many different directions when we didn’t even see it coming. We live only once…so follow your dreams, listen to your heart, think with your head, and love every minute of it.

Comments

Popular Posts