Sad

The laundry is done, the house is cleaned, and the fridge is stocked. I return back to work tomorrow. Summer is over. This is actually one of the hardest days for me all year. I absolutely love being a teacher. However, when summer comes to an end, I know it is time to once again, send my babies out into the world. There is something about sending them off to school each year that just makes me a little sad. Believe me when I say I am worn out by the end of summer and need my space from them but it is still always hard. I worry too much about them. Will they behave? Will they be kind? Will others be kind to them? Will they have everything they need? Will they be too tired from all their activities? Will they be safe? Will they be happy? Silly questions maybe, but these are my questions…every new year. These questions all get answered in time, but for tonight…I am a little sad.

We had a great summer. Although low key, it was what we needed and I don’t think we regretted not doing something we didn’t do. Besides it being the rainiest summer I think I have ever experienced, we survived. I just kept telling myself that flowers can’t grow without rain.

The boys played flag football throughout the summer. They both played hard and their teams did amazing. They attended a two day football camp where they got to meet Max Scharping, an NFL player. We were able to go out to dinner with him one night and the boys just thought it was the coolest thing. Tackle for Max starts tomorrow and Roman will start in a couple of weeks playing for his middle school. Tomorrow morning, life goes from about 10 to 100 mph. But, we wouldn’t have it any other way.

                                           

Many of playdates were had with the best kids. My boys sure do know how to pick good ones:) We also took advantage of our season passes to the water park. Roman kept busy with his pressure washing business and I am so impressed with his work ethic and his ability to build his savings account.



July 4th was a fun night with friends and enjoying some of the best fireworks ever put on by none other than just Texans in their backyard. We also celebrated Rick's birthday and he has officially invested in his first mid life crisis. He sold his Versa after 13 years and is now driving around like a stud in his new Camaro. He thinks he is cool...and so do the boys:)

After the longest 20 months   we were finally able to make a trip up to New York to see friends and family. This was the longest I had ever gone without seeing my parents. The boys and I had the best week. Rick had to stay back and be with the dogs (Mango is just too old). While we were there we had our family reunion and despite the rain following us to NY, we didn’t let it stop the fun. The boys got to see friends and I got to snuggle the newest addition to the family. It was an honor for my dad to baptize Max while we were there. So proud of my boy taking the next step in his faith. I miss my family tremendously but I love the life we are now living here.

The days go by so fast. The boys entering 4th and 8th grade are a big reminder of that. Some days are long and hard but knowing I get to do all the things with my little family of four, is enough for me. 

Tonight I may be feeling sad. But tomorrow holds the promise of happiness.

July Photos

Comments

Popular Posts