Another Year Gone

Another year gone. 

My thoughts don’t turn into words as much as they used to. Life is going fast and someone has hit the fast forward button on the clock. Birthdays come and go at a quicker pace. You wake up one day and all the changes are seen at once. Like, I don’t remember the last time I held my child on my hip or bathed him because he could not do it himself. It is funny how we never know we are doing something for the last time.




The boys. They are growing up. Sports are basically their life. When one activity is over, the next one has already started. I guess it is my life too…’Mom, I need a ride.’ ‘What fast food tonight?’ ‘I had no time for laundry, how many pairs of underwear do you have left?’ These are the days that are so busy but so many memories are being made. The boys are learning life lessons, learning to be a team player, learning what working hard is all about, and making friends that will hopefully last a lifetime.

              

Max. My baby. Well, not anymore. He is always on the go STILL. Football this past season was nothing to write home about but he learned to push through and can now say he knows what it feels like to be on the top and the bottom. He never gives up. He is now playing basketball. This is his first time playing on a team. Three games so far. He is averaging 30 points a game. First time luck or skill? I think it is a special gift he has but I’m just his mama;) He is learning so much in school this year and I hope he always stays excited to come home and tell me all about the new information he gained that day. He is still so innocent. The Christmas magic and all the fun that the elves at our house still live strong in him. I am holding on to all that this little boy still has.

Roman. My teenager. Almost a whole year of him being a teenager. I survived the year. I want a t-shirt. He loves me. Even though he might not always show it. He is a special kid and although there are days when every button has been pushed, I am enjoying watching him navigate this world. I remember those days. Friends were my life. Friends are now his life. It was a carefree time of life. I want that for him. I am glad he has that. This is the last before high school. Is he ready? He might be. Am I ready? Not at all.

Over the last few months we have been living life and doing all the things that are put on the calendar. I am sure all the months for the next few years will be just the same. Hopefully I will take the time to get my thoughts on paper (I mean on a computer). It is important to me. I may be the only one who reads this. That's ok. I want to live life and not just record it. But these recordings will hopefully be a way to jog great memories for us when they become distant memories one day.

May this year end with each of you feeling content. May next year lead you to where you should be. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Recent Photos (Actually months-I have been a slacker.)


Comments

Popular Posts