The first 155 of 2023

I have been slacking on keeping up with writing down our life. I guess that means that we are busy living life.


The year started off with Roman turning 15. Right away, he applied for his drivers permit and is behind the wheel whenever he has the chance. He finished out his first year of high school with all passing grades to earn his credits. This past year has been a bonging time for me and him as we navigated through Algebra and Spanish. When not in school, he can be found riding his bike around town, hanging out with friends, watching sports or working with mom around the house. He is growing up so fast and although there are the growing pains of the teenage years, he is an amazing kid. He is my partner in crime on house projects, will do anything you ask, and is a great friend. This summer he continues to work on his power washing business which he started the summer of 2020. He is all ready with his freshly shaved summer head.





Max turned 11 in February. Instead of a party, he chose to have a bedroom makeover complete with his first tv and his very own PS5. The bunkbeds are no longer a thing in our house. Max can be found doing anything but sitting. He is either shooting hoops, kicking a soccer ball, throwing a football, swimming, riding his bike, playing with friends, or on a football field training. He manages to find himself on a team most of the year. He just completed his spring 7 on 7 league. He had some great touchdowns and amazing throws as he had the chance to play some QB. He continues to work on speed and agility on the off season with Coach Anthony. All of the hard work as we look forward to the next tackle season. He completed elementary school and I know he is so ready for middle school. Also, I want it to be remembered, that this is the year that Max chose not to cut his hair. We will see how long that lasts.


Rick has been busy these last few months working on getting his real estate license. It was months of him studying and going to classes. All the while he continues to work his normal job. He is excited to see what comes of this and a new hobby to keep him busy.



I started off with my birthday celebration in February at my first Mardi Gras in Galveston. It was fun with friends and family that joined us. School this year was another tough one. There really are no words to describe the changes in the education system over the years. What makes it bearable most days is knowing I get to work with some amazing people-Anne and Ahna are some of my favorite people. Working with people will laugh and cry with you is special. Although the days are long, it is my passion so I will continue to show up and just like my daddy once said, "As long as you reach one kid, you are making the world a better place." I am also trying to do some organizing on the side. This is a passion of mine that I love so why not try to make some money with my skills. I have done a few spaces for friends so we will see where it takes me. Right now, I am going to enjoy the summer and do some self care...this is an area that has been lacking as most of my time and energy is put into all those around me.
It has been one year since we have lost Mango. She lived an amazing 16 years and we miss her. Chewy is keeping us busy and brings us the smiles and tail wags that we still need.

Perhaps this is the last blog for awhile. Perhaps I will begin to write more. Either way, we are living and making memories. We get one chance and it goes by way too fast.
Pictures 


Comments

Popular Posts