Busy! Busy! Busy!

Where to begin??? I have slacked off on the blog and am so sorry. Who knew having two children was so busy? I have enjoyed being home with the boys for these last 10 weeks. We have had so much fun and created a bond that I will cherish forever. I remember with Roman how 'homebound' I felt. We barely went anywhere or did anything. Well, with baby number 2...not the case. We have stayed quite busy. I wanted to make sure that Roman kept up with his normal routine and activities and Max has been a trooper keeping up with us. We have visited just about every park in Raleigh including the bounce houses. Everyday I made sure to do something fun for Roman to remind him just how special he is and that Mommy will never be too busy for him. We went to Farm Animals Day at NC State where Roman got to pet farm animals, ride a tractor, and lasso a bull (a fake one of course). We have had some playdates and Roman is constantly looking out for his best buds David and Violet in the neighborhood to play. He thinks that if they are outside they must want to play with him so we go rushing out. He is definetely a loyal friend and it is so cool to see him build friendships with them. We have had spontaneous Easter egg hunts and water balloon fights. Our neighbors are the BEST and we have so much fun with them...including the moms and dads. Roman has also continued playing soccer and he is getting really good.
Speaking of Easter...Roman and Max were visited by the Easter bunny. He left them a note and they had to go on a hunt to find their baskets. Roman was excited to show Max his basket. We then enjoyed a nice Sunday service at church and a yummy dinner.
One weekend Rick took Roman to the Monster Jam show. I believe Daddy loved it just as much as Roman if not more. Rick and I were able to go out to dinner which is always amazing to have some alone time. Even though we don't get much time alone our love has grown with each day and I could not ask for a better husband or daddy for my boys. To see Rick's face when he comes home from work when he looks at his boys is so amazing...it warms my heart to see Roman run to him or Max give him a smile. Rick was able to have a day hunting...this time it was for a turkey. He did see one but was not able to bring it home for dinner. Oh well, there is always next year. We have also had many visitors in and out of the house. We enjoyed having my brother and his family here for a few days and of course Rick's Mom (Nana) was here again. While she was here we had a girls day (Max joined us) and enjoyed the Southern Woman's Show. My niece Kristin also came for a visit...she flew into Charlotte so Max was able to take his first road trip. He was a trooper and was well behaved. It is so nice to have family come and visit. We feel so blessed having so much company knowing we all live so far away. We are looking forward to going to New York to visit everyone this summer. I have started running again. Boy how I have missed it. I am currently running with a friend/neighbor. We will be doing a 5K the end of the month. After that I will continue to run and shortly start training for a full marathon...YES, I just said full marathon. I can't believe I am doing this. We will be taking Roman to Disney in Florida in January and while we are there I will run the marathon. I am so excited for the challenge but nervous about all the time that goes into it. I always said I would/could never do it but I have learned that you can do whatever you put your mind to. If you want to...you can! I am now back to work and missing the boys already. I look forward to the summer break in just 5 short weeks. Before I end I will update you on the growth and development of the boys. Come on now-it is my job to brag about them...they are the best you know:)
Roman continues to be an awesome big brother giving many hugs, kisses, and singing songs to Max. He has learned his address and is learning to use the electronics much better...Teach them young-this is the world they are growing up in. He recently got a Wii and an Ipad. It amazes me how fast they can learn these things. The one thing he says that I want to remember is 'udicated' (electricuted). This is how he says it. It is so funny. He has also started telling knock, knock jokes. He will make them up as he goes. The other day he told me that he was getting really good at them:) I want to remember all these little things as one day they will just be a moment in time that we no longer think about.
Max is now 10 weeks old and growing like a weed. At his 2 month appointment he weighed 12.1 lbs. and was 23 1/2 inches long. He has been very healthy and sleeping for 6 hours at a time at night. He loves to smile and giggle and learned to roll over at 8 weeks. He loves his big brother and calms right down when Roman is near. I hope you enjoy reading the blog. We do it as a way of keeping our friends and family 'in the loop'. It is also a way for me to reflect on our life and journal my thoughts. I hope the boys will someday appreciate being able to read about their life. I know I enjoy writing about it.
Make sure to check out our latest photos and videos. The link is at the top of the blog under the picture.

Comments

Popular Posts