HOT! HOT! HOT!

"Mom, when is it going to snow?" I think Roman asked what we were all secretly wanting. Not really, as summer is such a fun time of year but the coldness of snow does sound tempting when temperature in your car reads 107. Despite the crazy temperatures we have managed to stay cool OR at least tried to stay busy having fun so the heat didn't seem so bad. June 7th ended my 10th year of teaching and once again I am enjoying my summer off. As well as playing with the boys I always set a goal for some summer projects. This summer my projects were declutter and reorganize pantry and cabinets and make photo books. I have always kept my photos very organized on cd and the computer but I decided that I wanted a photo book to look at and show the boys. So, I went back to 2008 (the year Roman was born) and took our favorite photos from each year. I created a photo book for each year through an online photo store. The books came today and I could not be happier. The are small and light and so handy to grab when Roman wants to look through pictures or we want to go back and find something. It was such a fun project and it was amazing to see all that we have done in the last 4 years. There were so many 'WOW' moments that I had forgotten. Well, both my summer projects are complete. What am I going to do now??? The boys have been a blast and we have had a lot of fun already. We have made many trips to the pool (Max's favorite place to nap), trips to the museum for Superhero day, parks, playgrounds, playdates, and back to the pool (remember-this is Max's favorite place to take a nap:).
We took Roman on his first fishing trip. Luckily Daddy and Roman were able to catch a fish. It was small but it was very exciting. Roman has started taken swim lessons this summer and we will continue on with them. He has learned so much and is quite the fish in the water. In one week he was able to jump in and swim about 8 feet, float on his back, and dive down for toys. We are so proud of him. He also continues with soccer. He has learned to spell and write Max-which he is so proud of. He is learning new things everyday and I can't believe he will be going to Kindergarten next year. He has been all about being a gentleman (he calls himself a gentleman) and opening and holding doors for people. He also loves to give us a detailed description of our day and what is to come. Example: Mom, when we get home I need strawberry milk. I need you to cover me up on the couch with the blanket and when it is bedtime make sure I get 5 minutes. He always says he needs 5 minutes for everything. I never want to forget all these silly little things they do.
Max is 4 months old and such a good boy. He loves to smile, laugh, and coo. His favorite thing to do his laugh at his brother. Roman can really get him to crack up. He has discovered his toes and has also learned how to bounce his own seat. He will get one leg kicking and get it in a rhythm. It is pretty funny to watch. He is a self soother and falls asleep easily and gives us about 11-12 hours of sleep a night. He wakes up smiling which is the best way to start a day. 'Naomi's Day Camp' was up and running the last couple of weeks. I watched a few of the neighbor kids. Roman loved having playmates everyday. We enjoyed BINGO at Chick-Fil-A, pool time (Max needed a nap), water fun outside, bounce houses, mall trip to check out Lego and Disney store, face painting and art time. I loved all the fun and excitement but this Momma is met for 2 kids full time. God bless all of you with more kids... We have really been blessed with some awesome neighbors who have become our very close friends. We get together often and it makes me never want to move. There are just some things in life you are not guarenteed and GREAT neighbors is one of them. I was able to get a night out with some of the girls to go to the movies. Another night I was able to go pick up our dinner with a friend and it took over an hour. It was a nice little get away with no kids. Hey, I take what I can get:) We enjoyed our Fourth of July with our neighbors at the pool (YES-Max did take a nap in case you were wondering) where Roman and Daddy enjoyed laser tag and video games. Roman and Mommy had a date night the night before at the fireworks. He loved them of course. After the pool on the fourth we grilled out and enjoyed our own fireworks show. We had another neighbor join us with 'real' fireworks. So, we ended up with quite a show in our neighborhood. It was a great night and we are truly thankful for our freedom that we have in this country. I continue to do some running and my training will start in a couple of weeks. Disney is getting closer everyday and I am getting more anxious and excited at the same time. We have some more adventures coming up this month which I will obviously talk about in the next post. I hope you are all enjoying your summer...you should all get out to the pool as it is a great place to take a nap;)
Check out our June Photos

Comments

Popular Posts