Changes!

I am trying to get my self back on completing this blog at the beginning of each month to report on the previous month.  However, I posted late in January so I felt I needed to wait a little while to report on what we have been doing.  So, this blog entry will be short and hopefully the next blog will be back on track.
Since returning from our Florida trip in January we have had some changes...or a new chapter as I like to call it.  Roman is in preschool full time and loves it.  He has made friends quickly and he loves coming home and sharing all that he does during the day.  I know this was a good transition for him as he will be starting Kindergarten in the fall.  It has been a big change has we are dishing out more money for childcare and running around to two different places to drop/pick-up the boys but we are settling in to the new routine and somehow the money is always there.  It's amazing how you think things won't work and somehow the bills get paid and life goes on it's merry way.  I guess priorities change and you just work with what you have:)  We are blessed to be able to provide great opportunities for our boys even though it means I may have to wait a little longer for the things I may want.  I want to provide all the opportunities I was given and than some.

Max is 11 months old and counting.  We will be celebrating his first birthday in a couple of weeks.  He is cruising right along and practically running.  He is so proud of himself when walking.  He is such a happy boy.  He is a fearless child and has started 'picking' fights with his brother.  He will pull his hair and jump right on him and laugh.  Roman is so gentle with him and is constantly giving him kisses and saying, "you are the best baby in the whole world".  Hearing words like that melts a mother's heart.
We are about to move Max into a new car seat and prepare for his first haircut.  The next chapter of our lives is beginning as we no longer have an infant but a toddler and school age boy.
This past month Roman came down with a nasty sickness and had a fever for 5 days.  He missed the whole second week of school.  He is never sick so I was quite concerned and unsure of what to do.  We all survived and life went on.  Shortly after that, Max came down with a bug as well.  Luckily his only lasted 2 days.  He continued to sleep through the night even though he was sick.  That was AMAZING!!!!

Max experienced his first 'snow'.  Well, ice I guess.  He did get a wagon ride in the ice and loved it.  He did not love being bundled up though.  He didn't quite get the concept that it was cold out.  Roman and Daddy got the sled out and slid on the ice down the road.  It was quite entertaining.  Living in the south we have to make the best of what we are given as far as winter weather goes.


Roman had his 5 year check up and did great.  He gained a whole 2 lbs. in the past year and grew a couple of inches.  He had to get some shots.  He cried-from the anxiety but after said that it wasn't so bad.  He also had his dentist appointment where they found he had a small cavity.  I was kind of disappointed.  So, he now has to get a filling and I am NOT looking forward to that appointment.
Rick and I were able to have a date night and we went out to dinner.  Thank God for our wonderful Ms. Lora who keeps the boys over night once a month so we can have some time as a couple.
Rick was able to go out one night with the guys and I of course had to have my turn so I got a drink-yes, just one on the way home from work one day with a friend.  I know that sounds silly but it was great and I take the break when I can even if it is only for a little while.

Roman and I went to the circus this week.  It is so cool watching your child experience these things and it makes me think back to my childhood and the memories that were made.  I am now making new memories with my own child...it is very special.
School has been super crazy for me-as always.  I am always on my toes and you never know what the day is going to bring.  I swear that one day I am going to write a book about my experiences as a teacher.  I am not sure if it would be in the category of comedy, drama, or horror.  I guess a little bit of both:)  We celebrated the 100th day of school this week and so we have 80 more to go.  BUT WHO'S COUNTING????
I will leave you with this...Changes are always happening.  Embrace them and remember that you are just writing the next chapter of your life.
There are not a lot of photos added to the January album from the last post but I will give you the link anyway.  January Photos

Comments

Popular Posts