Summer Time! Summer Time! Summer Time!


Summer was full on in the month of July.  We have had a lot of heat and a lot of rain.  Neither of them stopped us from having fun!

We started off the month with celebrating Independence day.  Roman and I had a date with some friends and went to see the fireworks.  We also celebrated Rick's birthday.
Roman spent a week at farm camp.  He was able to help feed the animals, bake, and he even got to make a handmade boat out of sticks.  He had a blast and wants to go back.
Roman had another round of swim lessons and he is now quite the little fish in the water.  His brother Max also loves the water.  He can not swim but loves to throw himself under the water and slide down the water slides.
We have made many trips to the museum with different friends.  Speaking of friends, we got new neighbors.  We have already made great friends with them and Roman is so excited to have another boy in the neighborhood.  We had a free trial at a local gym where we spent mostly everyday there.  I was able to get to many exercise classes, take the boys swimming, and go rock climbing.
Roman is slowly learning how to ride a two wheeler.  Rick got a trail-a-long bike that hooks on the back of his to take Roman.  He loves it.  We have gone on some bike rides as a family as Max loves the bike trailer.  He laughs when his hair blows in the wind.  I have been doing some fun DIY projects in the house-I have been inspired by our new neighbor.  It's amazing how blessed we feel to have them in the neighborhood.  We have so much in common and it reminds me that people come in your lives right when you need them.
I was able to have a girls night out with a great friend.  Rick has been amazing at making sure I get time to do something for myself.  I have enjoyed being home with the boys but it is so important to take time out for myself.  It makes me a better mom and wife.  More people need to know this and remember that you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourself.
We had some friends over for a cookout and of course Nana was down for a visit.

We just got back from a long week up in New York.  We had a family reunion with my family where we enjoyed beautiful walks, hayrides, tractor rides, riding four wheelers, and playing with cousins.

Rick and I were able to enjoy an adult only day at an amusement park.  It was so nice to get a break doing something as a couple.  After being with my family we headed down the New York State Thruway to see Rick's family.  We had a nice get together with them and Roman stayed there as we returned back home.  He has enjoyed a fun filled week riding go carts, going to an amusement park, movies, ice cream, planetarium, zoo and spending quality time with family.  I have missed him but am so happy he gets to have this time up in New York.  Max was a trooper in the car both up there and back.  He does not enjoy the car but having Mommy sit in the back made it a little less painful for all of us.  Let's just say I am glad we don't have to make that trip up there again with a 17 month old.

Roman has been keeping a journal of his summer adventures.  He writes one thing about each day in it and we add a picture.  I hope to pass on the tradition that slowing down and remembering the good things helps us to appreciate life a little more.  I can't believe that in a few short weeks he will be starting Kindergarten.  I know he will do great even though he is not yet excited.  He will bring a smile to those around him and it excites me that there will be more people that get to know my sweet boy.  His new words that he uses are awkward and annoying.  He uses them at the perfect time and it is pretty funny to here him use sophisticated words.  He has also been using some figurative language.  He will say to Max, "You crossed the line."  He asked me where the line was.  It was kind of difficult to explain to him what idioms are.....His third grade teacher will thank me one day that I started this process now:)

Max is still on the go-ALL THE TIME.  He is talking so much more and is also very good at following directions-when he wants.  He is starting to tell us when he needs to use the potty-even though he won't use it.  He is growing up fast and watching my two boys interact is an amazing site.
It's been a hard summer with the age difference of the boys and unforeseen things that have come up but it has kept me on my toes.  I am learning to be thankful for all that is brought my way.  I am not one for being one to post 'quotes' but here are a few that have made me stop and think.  I hope some of them speak to you.  Enjoy the rest of your summer!

You will get there when you are meant to get there and not one moment sooner...so relax, breath, and be patient.-Mandy Hale

Everything happens for a reason.

I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining.  I believe in love, even when I'm alone.  I believe in God, even when He is silent.

Have patience, God isn't finished yet." Philippians 1:6

When it rains, look for rainbows.  When it's dark, look for stars.

Comments

Popular Posts